Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Canning

 
 
 

So I know that canning in December sounds a little odd but better late then never. The kids and I went to Glenns Ferry to do some canning this last week. Since is hadn't been too cold until now there were a few things left in the garden. So I canned some beets, making both normal and pickled. The pickled are KC's favorite! We also canned some soup and it is so Yummy and EASY! I decided that I would also try canning some carrots. We will see if the family likes them. These are pictures of our hard work. Mom canned carrots and soup too. Grandpa took the kids out to the garden to help dig some carrots. They were such good helpers. They love to follow grandpa around the farm and riding in the tractor with him.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Good idea about canning stew. Never thought of it.